Enabling disabled people in and around Taumarunui to participate in and make a positive contribution to the community.
Community facilitator Cherie McDowall supports those aged between 16 and 64 years old who have a disability or disabilities or a health condition that could prevent them feeling included in society and unable to participate in community activities.
- One on one work includes a visual interpretation of self-awareness and transition within the community
- Art Therapy sessions offer an alternate option to express/process feelings and make sense of the subconscious thought
- Purposeful art e.g., altered art – “the transformation of the ‘ordinary into the extraordinary” (multimedia sculpting)
- Interactive community events/celebrations e.g., Christmas Tree Festival/Wearable Arts
- Workshops: themed and purposeful offering art techniques with therapy in mind.
Use the Contact form below to find out more.
Open from Tuesday through to Friday from 9am to 3pm.
47E Hakiaha St, Taumarunui 3920