An exciting opportunity has arisen at Enrich+ Spectrum Energy as we move into Tauranga. We are looking for several team members that want to join an organisation dedicated to making a difference for people with Autism. Ideally you will have some experience with supporting or working with people on the Autism Spectrum.
Our vision is to enable the people we serve to “have a life like any other”. We work towards achieving our vision by constantly reviewing our services and ensuring we are providing quality, cutting edge and person-driven opportunities.
Your role will be assisting with facilitation of youth social groups in Tauranga, and further opportunities could exist for the right candidate. We are looking for people who are passionate about supporting others, and excited about opportunities as the service grows and develops.
Key activities include:
– facilitating a youth social group and assisting with planning and development as required
– delivering services to people with Autism
– finding avenues for advertising to and recruiting youth into the group
Our ideal candidate will have:
– completed or be working towards Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Education, Psychology or a related field
– some experience in working with people with Autism and knowledge or understanding of how they might see the world
– some knowledge or understanding of behaviour analysis and behaviour management
– the ability to be flexible with working hours and working approach
– the ability to think on your feet and use initiative
– an open-mind and be willing to learn
– a current drivers licence
The roles will be based in Tauranga Central initially but some travel around the city and occasionally beyond could be required. Youth groups run between 3.30pm and 9pm Monday’s during school terms, so availability between these hours is essential.
If you are looking to make a difference and utilise your experience and knowledge in Autism, then we want to hear from you!. Check out the job description for the person specifications for the position, and find out more about the role purpose and key accountabilities.
Applicants must hold New Zealand residency or have a current New Zealand work permit.