An exciting opportunity has arisen at Enrich+ Spectrum Energy for someone with experience working to support people with Autism to join a great team making a difference for people across the Waikato region
Reporting to the Service Manager for Enrich+ Spectrum Energy, your role will involve working in the community, hands on supporting people with autism. From running a youth social group, 1:1 mentoring to working alongside schools and families to create successful education experiences. There is also room within this role to bring your own development ideas to this growing organisation.
Our vision is to enable the people we serve to “have a life like any other”. We work towards achieving our vision by constantly reviewing our services and ensuring we are providing quality, cutting edge and person-driven opportunities.
Key activities include:
– planning and running a Youth social group, 1:1 mentoring service and Autism Action (support in the school setting)
– developing and growing the overall service
– delivering educational programs to people with autism
Our ideal candidate will have:
– a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in education, psychology or a related field
– experience in working with people with ASD, behaviour analysis and behaviour management
– knowledge and understanding of how children and adults with autism see the world
– the ability to be flexible with working hours and travel throughout New Zealand
– a clean drivers licence
Youth groups run between 3.30pm and 9pm Wednesday’s during school terms, so availability between these hours is essential.
If you are looking to make a difference and utilise your experience and knowledge in Autism, then we want to hear from you!. Check out the job description for the person specifications for the position, and find out more about the role purpose and key accountabilities.
Applicants must hold New Zealand residency or have a current New Zealand work permit.