The Community Law Manual helps people in Aotearoa (and their advocates) help themselves, by providing legal information in plain language. The Manual deals with many areas of community and personal life and provides answers and solutions to common legal questions. The Community Law Manual is freely available on our website and is also available as a beautiful 900+ page book.
A lot of people use the Community Law Manual online or in book form at a library or community space to empower and inform themselves about their rights. Many people also access the Manual through support services, advocates, community organisations, marae or through their friends or whānau.
Community Law Wellington and Hutt Valley (CLWHV) produce the Manual every year and want to make sure the final chapter is as useful and accessible to you as possible. For this Community Law need to hear from as many people as possible about what they want from the Manual.
Community Law would love to get your feedback by 23 January 2018. Let them know your thoughts by filling in a questionnaire by 23 January 2018. Click here for the online version: Disability law questionnaire
This is a short questionnaire to help Community Law understand:
– What disability, impairment or access needs we need to consider when we create the new chapter, and
– What legal content will be the most useful to you.
– A text-only version of this questionnaire is available here: CLM-Disability-Consultation-Accessible-Word-file
– The questionnaire is being translated into NZSL. This version will have an extended deadline to allow people to respond
– Someone else can fill out the questionnaire on your behalf
– Sadly, Community Law have been unable to produce an Easy Read version of this questionnaire, but still really want to hear from everyone in a way that suits them. If the questionnaire is not accessible for you, please contact Community Law so they can organise for you to give us feedback in another way
– If you’d prefer to give your feedback some other way, or be notified when the NZSL version is ready, please email email@example.com to register your interest
– Please let others know who you think might like to give their feedback